- Liam Davies And Jason Cunningham Will Meet This Saturday In Telford
- British And European Super Bantamweight Titles On The Line
- Davies vs Cunningham Will Be The First Boxing Card On TNT Sports
- The Card Will Lead Into The Blockbuster Spence vs Crawford Fight
Telford’s Liam Davies (13-0, 5 KOs) will defend his British and European super bantamweight title against Doncaster’s Jason Cunningham (32-7, 7 KOs) this Saturday, July 29 at the 4,000-capacity Telford International Centre in Shropshire, England.
The Telford man headlined in his hometown for the first time last June when he impressively dethroned Salford’s Marc Leach for the British Title in a fight where many backed Leach to win.
Davies returned in November taking another 50-50 fight against the upset-minded Ionut Baluta where he put on a convincing display to leave with the European strap.
Injury has kept him out of the ring for eight months but now he’s back in Telford in another meaningful fight, as the IBF #6 and WBC #8 closes in on a world title shot.
Cunningham was brutally stopped by South Africa’s Zolani Tete back in July. In November, the South African newspaper “Daily Dispatch” broke that the former two-weight world champion had failed a drugs test in the aftermath of his bout with Cunningham.
‘The Iceman’ returned to action in March, dominating Miguel Gonzalez for a WBO trinket belt. He is now #11 with the WBO and #13 with the WBC.
WBO and WBC trinket belts are on the line for Saturday’s clash with the winner hoping to improve their respective world rankings.
Davies vs Cunningham Undercard
- Eithan James vs. James Moorcroft – WBO European Welterweight Title
- Moses Itauma vs. Kevin Nicolas Espindola, 6 rounds, heavyweights
- Owen Cooper vs. Robin Zamora, 8 rounds, welterweights
- Oronzo Birardi vs. Adam Kolarik, 6 rounds, cruiserweights
- Macaulay Owen vs. Maicol Velazco, 6 rounds, junior welterweights
- Amaar Akbar vs. Georgi Velichkov, 6 rounds, junior welterweights
- Ben Fail vs. TBA, 6 rounds super welterweights
- Boma Brown vs. Lamah Griggs, 4 rounds, heavyweights
- Jim Smith vs. Lukasz Barabasz, 4 rounds, welterweights
Davies vs Cunningham UK Start Time And TV Channel
The preliminary action is scheduled to begin at 6:00 pm BST (1:00 pm ET, 10:00 am PT) (subject to change) (Status of ability to watch TBC) with the main card a little while later at 7:30 pm BST (2:30 pm ET, 11:30 am PT) live on TNT Sport 1 in the UK.
Main Event Ring Walks will occur at approximately 10:00 pm BST (5:00 pm ET, 3:00 pm PT). Stay tuned to NoSmokeSport.com for more details about the running order, undercard and fight week updates as they happen.
Davies-Cunningham will lead into the huge Welterweight fight between Errol Spence and Terence Crawford later that night live on TNT Sports Box Office. Here’s everything you need to know about that.
Follow EverythingBoxing On Twitter For Live Coverage.
Liam Davies vs Jason Cunningham– British And European Super Bantamweight Titles – Sat, July 29– Telford International Centre, Shropshire, UK – Live On TNT Sport