Beterbiev vs Smith Undercard, UK Start Time, TV Channel And Main Event Ring Walks

Beterbiev vs Smith Undercard, UK Start Time, TV Channel And Main Event Ring Walks

  • Artur Beterbiev Defends 3 Light Heavyweight Titles Against Callum Smith
  • Beterbiev, Bivol Expected For Undisputed Later This Year In Saudi Arabia
  • Top Contender, Christian Mbilli Returns On Beterbiev vs Smith Undercard

Liverpool’s WBC mandatory challenger Callum Smith (29-1, 21 KOs) challenges the reigning unified light heavyweight champion Artur Beterbiev (18-0, 18 KOs) for his WBC, IBF and WBO championship this Saturday, January 13 at the Centre Videotron in Quebec, Canada.

Former super middleweight champ Smith hasn’t fought since he stopped France’s WBC #2 Mathieu Bauderlique in a final eliminator on the Usyk-Joshua 2 undercard.

Beterbiev has seen off two British challengers already in his career, coming off the floor to stop Callum Johnson in 2018 and stopping Anthony Yarde in London in his last fight almost twelve months ago.

A win for the 38-year-old will set up a years in the making unification clash with #1 light heavyweight Dmitry Bivol who returned to the ring last month in Saudi Arabia.

Read this:   Gill vs Barrett Undercard In FULL: Multiple World Title Fights On April 13 Fight Card

Beterbiev vs Smith Purses

Bob Arum’s Top Rank outbid Eddie Hearn’s Matchroom Boxing to win the promotional rights. Arum offered $2,115,000 which was 15,000 higher than the $2,100,000 Hearn put up.

As per WBC rules, 10% will be awarded to the winner whilst the remaining 90% will be split 70-30 in favour of Beterbiev.

The defending champion will receive a $1,332,450 purse whilst the challenger is entitled to $571,050 with both men having the opportunity to increase their purse by $211,500 should they win.

Beterbiev vs Smith Undercard, Running Order

  • Artur Beterbiev vs Callum Smith – WBC, IBF, WBO Light Heavyweight Titles
  • Christian Mbilli vs Rohan Murdock – WBC Continental Americas Super Middleweight Title
  • Jason Moloney vs Saul Sanchez – WBO Bantamweight Title
  • Imam Khataev vs Rodolfo Gomez Jr – 10 Rounds Light Heavyweight
  • Leila Beaudoin vs Elizabeth Chavez Espinoza – 8 Rounds Super Featherweight
  • Wilkens Mathieu vs TBA – 4 Rounds Super Middleweight
  • Mehmet Unal vs Dragan Lepei – 8 Rounds Light Heavyweight
  • Christopher Guerrero vs Sergio Garcia Herrera – 8 Rounds Welterweight
  • Moreno Fendero vs Victor Hugo Flores – 4 Rounds Super Middleweight
Read this:   Joshua vs Ngannou Undercard CONFIRMED: Zhang Meets Parker In Explosive Co-Feature

Beterbiev vs Smith UK Time, TV Channel, Ring Walks

Date: Saturday, January 13

Venue: Centre Videotron in Quebec, Canada

TV Channel: ESPN and ESPN + (USA), Sky Sports (UK)

Prelims: 5:25 pm ET (10:25 pm BST)

Main Card: 10:00 pm ET (US), 1:00 am BST (UK)

Ring Walks: 11:00 pm ET (4:00 am BST)

By Darshan Desai

READ: Benn vs Dobson Undercard: Ammo Williams In WBA Eliminator As Brits Galore On Huge Vegas Night

Beterbiev Image: Mark Robinson/Top Rank, Smith Image: Mark Robinson/Matchroom Boxing