The Wrestle Kingdom 18 card sees two title fights added to the card as Zack Sabre Jr. and Shingo Takagi are set to defend their gold on January 4.
Title Fights Added To Wrestle Kingdom Card
The Wrestle Kingdom 18 card continues to stack up as two title fights have been added to the event. Wrestle Kingdom is NJPW’s annual marquee event and it takes place on January 4 live from the Tokyo Dome.
In addition to the already existing match-ups, two additional titles will be defended. Zack Sabre Jr. will defend his NJPW World TV Championship against Hiroshi Tanahashi whilst Shingo Takagi will defend his NEVER Openweight Championship against Tama Tonga.
At Wrestle Kingdom 18, Sabre Jr. will celebrate one year as the inaugural and only champion to hold the NJPW World TV Championship but Hiroshi Tanahashi will look to end the Brit’s reign. A rematch between Takagi and Tonga will also take place at the event with the champion looking to extend his third reign with the gold.
This brings the total number of confirmed matches on the Wrestle Kingdom 18 card to seven.
Updated Wrestle Kingdom 18 Card
- IWGP World Heavyweight Championship Match: SANADA (c) vs. Tetsuya Naito
- Special Singles Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Bryan Danielson
- IWGP US (UK) Heavyweight Championship 3-Way Match: Will Ospreay (c) vs. Jon Moxley vs. David Finlay
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Championship Match: Drilla Moloney & Clark Connors (c) vs. Francesco Akira & TJP
- IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Championship Match: Hiromu Takahashi (c) vs. El Desperado
- NJPW World TV Championship Match: Zack Sabre Jr. (c) vs. Hiroshi Tanahashi
- NEVER Openweight Championship Match: Shingo Takagi (c) vs. Tama Tonga