- Josh Kelly Dominated Troy Williamson To Win The British Super Welterweight Title
- WBO #2 Kelly Is Now Closing In On A World Title Shot And #9 Corzo Is The Next Step
- Kelly vs Corzo Running Order And Other Important Details For Saturday’s Fight, Live On DAZN
Sunderland’s British Super Welterweight champion Josh Kelly (13-1-1, 7 KOs) takes on the undefeated, world-ranked, Argentine Gabriel Corzo (18-0, 3 KOs) for the WBO International title this Saturday, July 15 at the Vertu Motors Arena in Newcastle, England live on DAZN.
Kelly dominated Troy Williamson last December on points to win the British title in a career-best performance; a display which reminded fans of the reason why they rated Kelly so highly coming out of the 2016 Olympics.
Now at world No2, the Olympian knows victory over the highly rated Corzo will put him within touching distance of huge fights in the super welterweight division including a WBO world title shot.
But the unbeaten Argentine, who sits at No9 in the standings, has global ambitions of his own and intends on ripping up the script to leave Kelly’s world title dream in tatters.
Kelly vs Corzo marks Wasserman Boxing’s first championship boxing card on DAZN, although they are partners on Misfits.
Kelly vs Corzo Undercard
- Liam Dillon vs. Qais Ashfaq; 12 Rounds Super featherweight
- Steve Robinson vs. Franklin Ignatius; 8 Rounds Heavyweight
- Troy Williamson vs. Ramiro Blanco; 8 Rounds Super welterweight
- Chloe Watson vs. Belen Valdebenito; 8 Rounds Flyweight
- Ben Marksby vs. Ricardo Fernandez; 6 Rounds Super lightweight
- Samuel Antwi vs. Ruben Angulo; 6 Rounds Super welterweight
- Oliver Zaren vs. Jay Byrne; 6 Rounds Super Middleweight
- Owen Rees vs. Marius Istrate; 6 Rounds Super lightweight
- Codie Smith vs. Francisco Rodriguez; 4 Rounds Featherweight
- Kai Richmond vs. Karl Sampson; 4 Rounds Super featherweight
- Tom Summerbell vs. Eligio Palacios; 4 Rounds super welterweight
Wasserman has won the purse bids for the European flyweight title fight between Chloe Watson and Justine Lallemand. The pair will split 35,305 Euro 50/50 (17,652.50 each). Watson recently signed with STN Sports. The fight will land on a Wasserman show later this year if Watson wins on Saturday.
Kelly vs Corzo Running Order
First Bout 16:45
4×3 Super Middleweight Contest
Oliver Zaren 168lbs
Jay Byrne 168.10lbs
4×3 Super Lightweight Contest
Owen Rees 142.1lbs
Marius Istrate 139.5lbs
4×3 Super-Featherweight Contest
Kai Richmond 134lbs
Karl Sampson 133.14lbs
4×3 Super-Welterweight Contest
Tom Summerbell (weighing in tomorrow)
Dimitri Protkanus (weighing in tomorrow)
6×3 Super-Welterweight Contest
Samuel Antwi 153.4lbs
Ruben Angulo 155.3lbs
6×3 Super-Welterweight Contest
Troy Williamson 160.3lbs
Ramiro Blanco 161.13lbs
8×2 Flyweight Contest
Chloe Watson 113.9lbs
Belen Valdebenito 113.14lbs
6×3 Super Lightweight
Ben Marksby 143.8lbs
Ricardo Fernandez 140.4lbs
Vacant British Super Featherweight title contest
Qais Ashfaq 129.12lbs
Liam Dillon 129.6lbs
4×3 Featherweight Contest
Codie Smith 126.6lbs
Francisco Rodriguez 125lbs
8×3 Heavyweight Contest
Steven Robinson 244.2lbs
Franklin Ignatius 241lbs
WBO International Super Welterweight title
Josh Kelly 154lbs
Gabriel Corzo 152.12lbs
Kelly vs Corzo UK Start Time, TV Channel, And Tickets
The main card is scheduled to begin at 7 pm BST (2 pm ET, 11 am PT) live on DAZN worldwide.
Main Event Ring Walks will occur after 10:00 pm BST (5:00 pm ET, 3:00 pm PT). Stay tuned to NoSmokeSport.com for more details about the running order, undercard and fight week updates as they happen.
Follow EverythingBoxing On Twitter For Live Coverage.
Josh Kelly vs Gabriel Corzo– WBO International Super Welterweight Title – Sat, July 15– Vertu Motors Arena, Newcastle, UK – Live On DAZN