- Saul Alvarez Will Return To PBC/Showtime PPV For 3 Fights Starting Sep 30
- Undisputed Champion Jermell Charlo Will Move Up 2 Weights To Face Canelo
- Canelo vs Charlo Is ONLY The 2nd Battle Of Undisputed Champions In The 4-Belt Era
In a battle of undisputed champions, super middleweight titleist, Canelo Álvarez will defend his crown against the junior middleweight ruler Jermell Charlo on Saturday, September 30.
Canelo vs Charlo is only the second fight between undisputed champions following Katie Taylor-Chantelle Cameron in May.
Boxing’s biggest star has aligned with Al Haymon’s Premier Boxing Champions for his next three fights.
Reports placed elder brother Jermall Charlo as the opponent for Canelo on Sep 30 but it is understood that the WBC Middleweight title holder wouldn’t be ready in time after personal issues which have kept him out of the ring for over two years.
Canelo’s undisputed title will be on the line against Charlo, who is moving up two-weight classes and will lose his undisputed status as soon as he enters the ring as the WBO will elevate Tim Tszyu to full champion.
Houston’s Charlo (35-1-1, 19 KOs) was last seen in action last May where he scored a stoppage win over Brian Castano, who most felt beat Charlo in their 2021 fight, to unify four titles at 154.
Canelo had a difficult 2022, losing for the first time in nine years to Dmitry Bivol at Light Heavyweight and then producing a less-than-spectacular showing against GGG in their trilogy fight. Britain’s John Ryder also extended Mexico’s Alvarez the twelve-round distance in May.
Canelo vs Charlo is one of the biggest fights in boxing and a matchup that has captured the imagination of fight fans with early predictions expecting this fight to generate around a 1m buys.
Canelo vs Charlo Card
- Jesus Ramos Jr. vs Erickson Lubin – 12 Rounds Super Welterweight
- Yordenis Ugas vs Mario Barrios – 12 Rounds Welterweight
- Elijah Garcia vs Armando Reséndiz – 10 Rounds Middleweight
- Frank Sanchez vs Scott Alexander – 10 Rounds Heavyweight
- Oleksandr Gvozdyk vs Isaac Rodrigues – 8 Rounds Light Heavyweight
- Terrell Gausha vs KeAndrae Leatherwood – 8 Rounds Middleweight
- Gabriel Valenzuela vs Yeis Gabriel Solano – 8 Rounds Super Lightweight
- Curmel Moton vs Ezequiel Flores – 6 Rounds Super Featherweight
- Justin Viloria vs Angel Barrera – 6 Rounds Super Featherweight
- Bek Nurmaganbet vs Abimbola Osundairo – 6 Rounds Super Middleweight
- Abilkhan Amankul vs Joeshon James – 6 Rounds Middleweight
Canelo vs Charlo Date, US TV, PPV Price, UK TV
Date: Saturday, September 30
Venue: T-Mobile Arena, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
US TV Channel: Showtime PPV
US PPV Price: $84.99
UK TV Channel: TBC
UK Time: 1 am BST (8 pm ET/ 5 pm PT)
Ring Walks: 4 am BST (11 pm ET/ 8 pm PT)